So You Want To Be A Coach Program
Sponsored by the NCAA Matching Fund for the Advancement of Ethnic Minority Women Coaches and Officials
Thank you to everyone who submitted applications for the 2013-14 season.
The mission of the WBCA's "So You Want To Be A Coach" program is to assist female collegiate basketball players who are interested in pursuing a career in coaching women's basketball with professional development and career advancement through education, skills enhancement, networking and exposure opportunities while increasing awareness regarding the availability of talented female basketball players who want to coach. Women of color/minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
The objectives of the program are to increase the understanding and application of skills necessary to secure coaching positions in women's basketball, increase the understanding and awareness of competencies necessary for success in coaching, introduce female basketball players to coaches and administrators, raise awareness of the existing talent pool of female basketball players who have a passion and interest in coaching the game of women's basketball. Women of Color/Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
• Must have exhausted her final year of basketball eligibility at a four-year institution or graduated within the past year
• Must be a women's basketball player who wants to pursue a career in coaching
• Must be a credit to the sport of women's basketball both on and off the court
• Must be nominated by her head coach; head coach must be an active WBCA member
• Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
• Must be able to attend all three days of the program
Each nominee must provide the following information for consideration:
• Completed nomination form
• One page resume
• One page personal statement
• One page letter of recommendation from nominee's head coach
Permissive legislation allows for Division I (Bylaw 18.104.22.168), Division II (Bylaw 22.214.171.124) and Division III (Bylaw 126.96.36.199) institutions to pay for a student-athlete's actual and necessary expenses to attend WBCA's So You Want To Be A Coach workshop.
If you are interested in contacting any of the 2013 WBCA's So You Want To Be A Coach graduates, please contact Daniella Trujillo.
Questions? Contact Us.