Allstate® WBCA Good Works Team®
The Women's Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA), in partnership with Allstate Insurance Company, is beginning the nomination process for the Second Annual Allstate WBCA Good Works Team®.
With your assistance, the WBCA is requesting you, with the help of your head women's basketball coach (who must be a current WBCA member), to nominate a deserving women's basketball student-athlete worthy of this prestigious award and the extraordinary recognition opportunities that come with it.
In addition to the 2014 Allstate WBCA Good Works Team®, Allstate is also partnering with the NABC to select a Good Works Team® in men's basketball. It is likely that you or another member of your athletics communications office will receive a similar email from the NABC, however, it is imperative that these nominations are submitted separately per the respective instructions provided.
Below is a brief explanation of the Allstate WBCA Good Works Team® program, and instructions for nominating your candidate.
The Allstate WBCA Good Works Team® is composed of college women's basketball student-athletes who make outstanding contributions in the areas of volunteerism and civic involvement. These individuals embody the true spirit of "teamwork" and "giving back" through commendable acts of kindness.
There are so many compelling stories in your programs for all of the good work your athletes are involved with. This is an outstanding opportunity for the WBCA and Allstate, an official corporate partner of the NCAA®, to join with you to help highlight those individuals whose exemplary actions and associations have made a difference on their campuses, in their communities and beyond.
The goal of this program is to provide recognition for these future leaders, their academic institutions, and communities they serve and support.
The Allstate WBCA Good Works Team® will be selected from nominations submitted by head women's basketball coaches with assistance from their SIDs. The nominees for the ten-member team, comprised of five NCAA® Division I and five NCAA® Divisions II, III and the NAIA student-athletes, will be announced in February 2014. The members of these two teams will be invited by Allstate to the 2014 WBCA National Convention and NCAA® Women's Final Four® in Nashville, TN.
The WBCA and Allstate will work to recognize members of the Allstate WBCA Good Works Team® locally, regionally and nationally for their selfless efforts.
Below are a few ways we may recognize the Allstate WBCA Good Works Team®:
• A web page on WBCA.org
• PR that may generate opportunities for numerous national and local news stories
• Recognition at the 2014 WBCA National Covention and the NCAA® Women's Final Four®:
o Participation in a community volunteer event
o Introduction during the NCAA® Semifinals or Championship Game
o Introduction at the WBCA Awards Show
o Introduction at NCAA®'s Tourney TownTM and/or other official NCAA® events
held in conjunction with the Women's Final Four®
Criteria for Nomination
All eligible 2014 nominees must be:
1) Women's basketball student-athletes in all NCAA® and NAIA divisions who are academically a sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student for the 2013-2014 season.
2) In good standing with their respective institutions.
3) Student-athletes who have previously been selected for the Allstate WBCA Good Works Team® are NOT eligible for nomination.
4) Of outstanding character and demonstrate performance in the classroom, which makes them candidates for graduation.
5) Actively involved in, and committed to, working with charitable organizations or service groups on or off-campus and/or displayed extraordinary devotion to a personal cause in their lives. Candidates should show superior dedication in these extracurricular areas.
6) Free of any felony charges or criminal activities.
Deadline for nominations is Friday, October 25, 2013
Each institution may nominate only one women's basketball student-athlete who is a sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student. Freshmen are not eligible.
Nominations will be accepted online only. Click here
In addition, you will need to upload in PDF format and/or provide hyperlinks to the following:
1. A particularly compelling game program story, news article
2. Letter of commendation
3. Any other background material related to the nominee's community service activities.
We will also require you to upload one of the following HIGH RESOLUTION JPEG photos:
1) Head shots of the nominee in both team uniform and business attire (required)
2) A basketball action shot of the nominee (optional)
3) Three to five photos of the nominee participating in a community service event (optional)
If you have any questions, please contact Daniella Trujillo (770-279-8027 ext. 110) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View past Allstate WBCA Good Works Teams